Trans Oz Ride Information 2018
Registration for 2018 ride opens 1 February 2018 by email, closes 30 April 2018. Ride entry form, Word Doc
Fee $50.00AUD, international Audax riders $60.00AUD. Optional $40.00AUD SPOT Tracker hire fee. Payment to be made by Credit Card (link to Audax Australia payment portal sent by email). No refunds.
One Ride option only: Unsupported
minimum average 200km/day Confirmed by LRM Ride Calendar
5am departure Fremantle, 20 day limit. Maximum of 6 riders per departure date (max 24 riders).
there is no supported option.
4 Departure dates 2018:
Ride #1  18 July
Ride #2  25 July
Ride #3  1 August
Ride #4  8 August
General conduct of the event
• An unsupported
LRM approved 4000km randonnée offered by the Audax Australia Cycling Club
ridden as per the club rules. Audax club members only that are associated with international partners of Audax Club Parisian (ACP)
can participate. Audax clubs can be found at ACP
and Audax Australia
. Please be aware this randonnée is not a race but a ride with an overall time limit.
• As per Regulation 9.7.1 Audax UK
for rides 2500km or greater, the minimum global average riding speed is 8 and 1/3kph, or 200km/day. You can of course reach Bondi Beach in less than 20 days if you wish to ride at a faster pace.
• There are two Controls: Fremantle and Bondi Beach, there are no intermediary controls. Depart Fremantle 5am (WST) and arrive Bondi Beach no later than 7am (EST) on Day 21.
• Unsupported means no following vehicles, no privately pre-organised outside or external assistance from other persons is allowed. You can prior to the commencement of the ride mail via Australia Post food and/or clothing at overnight locations along the course, you may wish to consider this carefully in the more remote areas of Western Australia and South Australia (it can take over a week for items to arrive).
Pre-qualifying Rides for 2018 Randonnée (several)
. Two of either a 1000km or 1200km Audax rides (or international ACP/BRM/LRM) from January 2016 to June 2018. One of the 1000 or 1200km distances can be a Permanent
- to be confirmed by the appropriate state. This 2000, or 2200, or a 2400km total (depending on the 1000 or 1200km distance combination selected) cannot include the distances listed at  and , and
. A total of 1500km for the 2017 calendar year Audax Australia rides (or international ACP/BRM/LRM). The rides are to be made up of distances 200km or greater. To include at least one 600km ride in the 1500km total. 600km of the 1500km total can include Permanents
- to be confirmed by the appropriate state. This 1500km total cannot include the distances listed at  and , and
. A Super Randonneur Series 2018 comprising of 600km, 400km, 300km, & 200km Audax Australia rides (or international ACP/BRM/LRM). This 1500km total cannot include the distances listed at  and .
This is a complete total of 5000, or 5200, or 5400km (depending on the distance combination selected at ).
NOTE 2 Some
flexibility will be considered to meet the above distances, rider to first
confirm with the organiser.
Audax Australia Rules
1. Lighting Requirements
2. Reflective Garments Guidelines
3. Brevet Permanent Rules
4. Audax Australia Ride Rules
5. More Audax Australia information & resources
Mandatory Carriage of Clothing & Equipment
2. SPOT Tracker
or equivalent satellite tracker, eg inReach
3. Mobile phone.
4. Suitable long sleeved rain jacket (a wafer-thin spray jacket will not be adequate).
5. Woollen vest or equivalent.
6. Leg & arm warmers, beanie
, booties, & long finger gloves.
7. Air pump, spare tyre and 2 spare inner tubes with associated tyre levers, tube patch kit & hex/allen keys.
Additional Equipment you may wish to consider carrying
1. Mud guards.
2. Spoke key and emergency spoke/s.
3. Spare rear derailleur/mech gear cable.
4. Seconday GPS/odometer.
5. Spare air pump.
6. Chain lubricant, chain breaker tool and 2 removable chain quick-links.
7. More spare inner tubes (3 or 4 total?).
8. Cable ties, velcro straps, tools for common problems.
Summary of support that will be provided on this Unsupported ride
• Printable Maps & Cue sheets from this website.
• GPX Track files (for most GPS) & TCX Course files (for most Garmin Edge only GPS) from this website.
• Web tracking and oversight of progress whilst riders are on the course.